Ready to become a certified yoga teacher?
Want to boost your yoga practice to the next level?
Enroll now in our Iyengar yoga teacher training program and discover a unique pathway to certification!
We are once again excited to offer a Yoga Alliance 200 Hour yoga teacher training course at Casey Health. We are taking our conscious commitment to integrative health care and extending it in the way we teach Iyengar yoga and undertake to teach yoga teachers.
This foundational yoga training course will cover many aspects of teaching yoga while also encouraging a deeper commitment to the art and science of yoga. Upon completion you will have honed the skills necessary to teach classes safely with an alignment-based approach, established your unique voice as a teacher, and developed a more comprehensive understanding of this ancient practice.
The course will cover:
- Philosophy and history of yoga
- Pranayama (breath control) and Dhyana (meditation)
- Applied anatomy and physiology
- Teaching Methodology: observation, language, sequencing, adjustments and modifications
- The business of yoga
- Yoga philosophy, ethics and lifestyle
- Teaching Practicum: practice teach in a safe and encouraging environment
We are proud to offer a team of outstanding YA and Certified Iyengar Yoga teachers, alongside Casey Health practitioners, including:
- John Schumacher, Trainer: Advanced Iyengar certification. John is the founder and director of Unity Woods Yoga Center, Washington, DC and an internationally recognized expert in Iyengar yoga
- Kathleen Pringle, Trainer: Intermediate Senior Iyengar Certification. Kathleen is the Director of Stillwater Yoga Studio in Atlanta, GA where she has taught students and yoga teachers since 1983
- Lisa Walford, Lead Trainer: E-RYT 500 Yoga Teacher and Intermediate Senior Iyengar certification. Lisa has taught yoga in Los Angeles since 1982. She continues her studies annually with the Iyengars, in Pune, India
- Marla Apt, Trainer: Intermediate Senior Iyengar certification. Marla has been teaching in Los Angeles, and around the world, over the last 20 years
- Carrie Runde, ND, Instructor: Naturopathic Physician, Casey Health Institute
- Sarah Potthoff, DC, CKTP, FAKTR, licensed Doctor of Chiropractic
- Don Diggs, L.Ac, Dipl. O.M., Instructor: Ayurvedic Practitioner and Acupuncturist
While this is a teacher training course designed for practitioners from all schools of yoga, it will be taught from an Iyengar perspective. We strongly recommend that you have at least one year of consistent Iyengar asana practice to get the most from the experience.
The course will satisfy the core written course requirements specified by the Iyengar Yoga National Association of the United States (IYNAUS) for teachers preparing to go up for the written exam portion of the Introductory level Iyengar Yoga certification assessment exam.
Additionally, completion of this course will enable you to register as a 200 Hour RYT with Yoga Alliance (YA), the largest yoga registry in the United States.
The course is also recommended for those strong students wishing to expand their personal practice and gain a deeper understanding of yoga.
The Course will run over four long weekends in 2017, from Thursday mornings at 9:00 a.m. until Sunday evenings at 8:00 pm. Friday, Saturday and Sunday sessions begin at 8:00 am and end at 8:00 pm. The training will take place at the Wellness Center at Casey Health Institute in Gaithersburg, MD, a close-in suburb of Washington, DC. The dates of the training are:
- January 26th- 29th
- March 23rd – 26th
- May 18th – 21st
- June 22nd – 25th
Your tuition payment of $3,500 covers the teacher training sessions, comprised of 180 direct contact hours, and course materials. All other costs, including lodging, meals, travel and incidentals, and Yoga Alliance fees, are extra.
Final deadline for completed application is January 6, 2017. Once accepted into the program, a deposit of $300 will reserve your space. All forms must be completed and submitted in order for your application to be considered finalized and ready for review.
NEXT STEPS: click here to print out both the application, and payment plan, the Participation Agreement and Liability Waver form.
Once both forms are complete:
Mail, FAX or Scan/Email your completed forms to:
Yoga Teacher Training Program
Casey Health Institute
800 South Frederick Avenue
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Questions? We can be reached at 301.355.2030 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enrollment is limited so please apply early!